cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am to get a source-route situation to work.

smitheric
Level 1
Level 1

My network consisist of 2 internet connection respective 2600 routers and pix 515's . Once on the inside of my pix's I have 2 more 2600 routers that control 2 internal networks with different subnets. Both routers are the same with 3 ethernet interface cards. The 2 routers are conected together to allow each internal network to see each other. My goal is to allow internet traffic from one internet connection to come in, crossover the internal routers to the other network and access services on that network in case of failure of the second internet service. So far I can get the traffic to come in Internet A service to my first internal router, crossover to my other subnet router, ping the machine, but here is the problem. Instead of the traffic following back across the router to the orginal source, it follows the default gateway and out Internet B. How can I make it follow the same way out as it came in? I can see ping request come in one PIX and the replies on the other PIX. Ideas?

1 Reply 1

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

Your network toplogy is still not clear to me. But, you seem to have asymmetric routing where traffic enters one way and leaves the otherway. You can try to find the reason for this behavior as to why different paths are being chosen - if you are running some IGP whether it is due to metrics or if there are multiple IGPs whether it is due to administrative distance etc. and try to tune it the way you want. As a last resort, you can use policy routing to accomplish what you want so that you bypass the routing table to forward packets.