cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't browse the CFM window from the client! why?

closey
Level 1
Level 1

I have run the CFM server with the command /opt/CSCOcfm/cfm start, but when I browse the client window, it says:"Client is unable to connect to the Server. Please make sure that the server is running." Why?

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cfm/cfm_1_2/install/w2k/nt_trbl.htm. Make sure that you're using the supporte browser and the CFM processes are running.

The document says: "If when you launch a browser you get the message "Could not connect to CFM Server problem," check drive:\Program Files\CSCOpx\etc\cfm\logFile.0 for possible errors. "

but I found that the directionary /opt/CSCOpx/etc can be found and /opt/CSCOpx/etc/cfm can't be found.

the document says :"The CFM server is a daemon manager process. To restart the daemon manager, refer to Installing and Setting Up CiscoWorks2000 CD One."

but i can't fond the messages to restart the daemon manager in the document"Installing and Setting Up CiscoWorks2000 CD One" my CD One is the second edition.

On Solaris, to stop the CW2K daemon manager, execute as root, /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop. To start it, /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

I restart the dmgtd manager,but still get the message "Could not connect to CFM Server problem," I tried to find the error log,but I can't find the path of this log file.

I think drive:\Program Files\CSCOpx\etc\cfm\logFile.0 is a NT path,but my operation system is solaris 5.7.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: