cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't only send mail with attached file after I change router.

sbjeong
Level 1
Level 1

location: <(3640 -> 7206vxr) : local main>,< 7507, mail server : central-main>,

%cisco 7206vxr (include pa-8t-v35mt, pa-t3+).

When cisco 2650 (branch office router) connected with E1 or T1 leased line to cisco 3640 (brach-main router) and cisco 3640 (branch-main router) connected with E1*3 leased line to cisco 7507(central-main router) , all is OK.

but, after I changed local branch-main router cisco 3640 to cisco 7206vxr and E1*3 leased line to T3 line , local branch office users couldn't send mail with only attached file. but other protocol or service and mail without attached file is OK.

<device connection flow>

branch office users ---(LAN)--- cisco 2650 router ---(E1 leased line)--- cisco 3640 ((after cisco 7206 vxr)) ---(E1*3 leased line) ((after T3 leased line))--- cisco 7507 ---(LAN)--- Mail Server

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

I have come accoross a similar issue.That was due to an error in E1 line, as its clocking was not matching. So in order to overcome this I compressed the E1 link and sent it. Then it was solved.You can check the clocking in CSU/DSU of E1's or perform all 1 and all 0 extended ping and lookout for errors. If it gives errors means the circuit is the issue .Then compress the the link and see. If the errors are incrementing, then the circuit is the culprit. When applying compression, do the software compression at both the ends. Also be very carefull of applying compression technique.The compression is specific to the encapsulation. If you change the encapsulation by any way at any point, the compression will not work and you have to again do the compression on that interface. Also if the compression is not done at both the ends, the line will be up but you will not be able to ping to either of the sides. It will ping only oneway. So try to implement it at both the ends..And if you cannot access the router console, do it remotely by giving "command reload in 10". Before changing configuration remotely, even if something goes wrong the remote router will reload and come back to the working config. And after doing everything suceesfully apply "cancel reload",and write mem so that it will not reload.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

I have come accoross a similar issue.That was due to an error in E1 line, as its clocking was not matching. So in order to overcome this I compressed the E1 link and sent it. Then it was solved.You can check the clocking in CSU/DSU of E1's or perform all 1 and all 0 extended ping and lookout for errors. If it gives errors means the circuit is the issue .Then compress the the link and see. If the errors are incrementing, then the circuit is the culprit. When applying compression, do the software compression at both the ends. Also be very carefull of applying compression technique.The compression is specific to the encapsulation. If you change the encapsulation by any way at any point, the compression will not work and you have to again do the compression on that interface. Also if the compression is not done at both the ends, the line will be up but you will not be able to ping to either of the sides. It will ping only oneway. So try to implement it at both the ends..And if you cannot access the router console, do it remotely by giving "command reload in 10". Before changing configuration remotely, even if something goes wrong the remote router will reload and come back to the working config. And after doing everything suceesfully apply "cancel reload",and write mem so that it will not reload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: