Views
Helpful
Replies

I can´t start Switch 2950 Series

nytrogeno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with my [switch] 2950. It doesn't have the file "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-11.EA1a.bin" and appear me the dialogue "switch:"

I have attempted to copy from other switch via TFTP and I get it, but upon copying it to the switch for xmodem (copy xmodem: fflash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-11.EA1a.bin) And send a similar message to this xmodem:: I/O error

Could they help me with this? that do it occur? I have changed the cable, pc, and the software in order to transfer (TERMINAL HYPER, CRT) and I could not carry out the copy. like making operate the Switch?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

PD: Excuse my english, but my first lenguage is Spanish. Thank you

8 Replies 8

skarundi
Level 4
Level 4

Go to the "2950 boot recovery procedure" document located at URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

It shows you , step by step, how to recover a

2950 switch with a missing or corrupt IOS image.

Friend;

i go to the "2950 boot recovery procedure" and I followed the step that indicate, but send message:

CCCCCCC§§§§§§§§§§

xmodem::I/O error

I can´t start with this switch.

If you do this with a laptop connected to the console, try disabling all powersaving features in bios. that solved a similar issue for me.

Oh wait - doesnt it copy anything at all even to you are trying to send the file using hyperterminal (as in the link above)? How soon does the copy interrrupt? What error does hyperterminal giver you?

Ok...

Send This is message:

CCCCCCC§§§§§§§§§§

xmodem::I/O error

And when the CC starts you send the file using hyper terminal as in the document? What amount of send/recieve data does hyperterminal report when you are trying to send the file?

Correct, the shipment like a document or file.

By Hiperterminal or CRT doesn't succeed in sending nothing of the file and then send the message xmodem::I/O error

To me it looks like you are sending the file as text instead of X-modem.

But if that is not the case then I have no clue. sorry.

Might want to test other console speeds but I doubt that would make any difference..

no is the case.

I have proven different speeds, but I don't can.

I have proven different speeds, but I don't can.

it is not problem of the team, neither the cable. The message is of the switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: