Views
Helpful
Replies

I'm looking for a newest .tar release for Cisco Catalyst WS-C3550-12T

piotrkrol
Level 1
Level 1

hi

last time 2 of our DELL PowerConnect 3024 connected to the Cisco Catalyst WS-C3550-12T were completely hanging and we don't know the reason.

we could not ping the DELL switches and all machines connected to this switch.

restart didn't help !

after disconnecting of all machines, rebooting the DELL switch and connecting again, was ok.

knows someone about this problem ?

could be a problem of the Catalyst ?

should I upgrade the Catalyst ?

where can I find the newest .tar release for Cisco Catalyst WS-C3550-12T ?

I have release Version 12.1(22)EA6 installed.

kind regards

piotr

1 Reply 1

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

(1)Is your Dell switch manageable?

(2)Is your Cisco switch configured?

(3)Were nodes attached to cisco switch were able to ping each other?

(4)Was there any syslog server in your network who could have given the report of system failure.

(5)There is no way to diagnose a problem until and unless that is standing in front of us.There can be a broadcast storm etc.I had a similar problem with D-Link switches connected to 4503 switch, in which a subordinate had accidently connected two uplink cables with a pair of switches.

Hence please get into the console of every switch at the point of problem hence the exact problem can be identified.

(6)It is always advised to upgrade your equipment with the latesh firmware.You can search a IOS release suitable for you at

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Pls rate helpful posts.

Regards

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: