Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need help to configure 2950 and 4506 switches

Hi, I going to face my first work and I hope to do a very good job. I get to connect 3 switches 2950 model 2950G-12-EI with one switch WS-C-4506. Can you give me some configurations tips to have succes in my work. Do you have any documents where I can get examples of configuration for these switches?.

Thanks a lot for your help

3 Replies 3

Darthkim_2
Level 1
Level 1

Well, it depends on what you need to design. Do you need multiple vlans? Is the 4506 the core switch? Do you need to trunk the the ports between the 2950 and 4506?

let us know some more details of what you really want to do.

Hi

My 4506 is the core in my design, I need multiples Vlans and I need to trunk the ports too. Then my 4506 will be connect to the backbone. I want to be sure about what I need to be care of configuring this LAN. The steps from the begining to the end generally. Is my first work and I want to do it very well is why I want the advise of an expert.

Thanks a lot for your time

if you can give the number of vlans that you plan to have, the ports that will be used for uplink and if you plan to have an ip address given to them, all this info will be helpful to give u the syntax for the configs