cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IBM AS400 traffic over over frame relay ?

mledoux
Level 1
Level 1

help! I have a customer that wants to connect some IBM AS400 terminals at 2 remote sites back to the AS400 at their main location. They each have a 256K frame circut from the remote site back to main. I am planning to put in a dual serial 1600 series router at each loc. I know the WAN side, but never done anything with an AS400. Connect the AS400 and terminals via a V.35 to the router right ? configure Serial Tunneling for the AS400 traffic ? any comments would be much appreciated.

5 Replies 5

millerv
Level 1
Level 1

5250 terminals or pc's running 5250 emulation ?

Hit the dlsw guides in the IOS doc, heres some more

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/697/dlswts6.html

One site has AS400 terminals and one pc running "bossanova" emulation. The other site is all AS400 terminals.

You could use FRAS/FRAD, particularly if you have existing SNA-FR devices.

If not, then your best choice is probably Dlsw+. Either over IP, if you already have IP running over frame-relay, or Dlsw+ directly over frame-relay if you don't run IP.

thanks guys... will do.

benjamingarcia
Level 1
Level 1

STUN, DLSW+ is a bit complicated that IP. Our customer are mostly AS400 and we are only running IP for simplicity.

AS400 can run on pure IP. I am sure that your customer are using emulation software already. YOu may also need to edit the LMHOST of the workstation (if not dumb terminal) because it uses the AS400 name.

Send me an email if you need help. (benjamin.garcia@kaz.com.au)