cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IcServer process start/stop

patrsup
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know of a way to assure that IcServer does not start? I would not be adverse to moving a file or two if this would help. I browsed the documentation and other than manually shutting it down could find no reference.

Thanks

pat

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

IcServer process collects inventory updates from managed devices. Is there any specific reason that you want to disable it?

During this inventory update, it does two snmp-writes (I think). I know it does at least one. Anyway, we have some routers (1600's) running very old code which are not available for upgrade. When this snmp-write occurs, it gives a bus error and causes the aflicted routers to reboot. Rather than trying to change the routers in the short term, we want to just shut down this service for the interium as we have another box collecting configurations. If there is a problem with the ciscoworks program and you do a start on the server, you get this service starting automatically. If the administrator is not there, this rebooting of aflicted routers can occur for extended periods of time with no traffic occuring.

thanks in advance

pat

A temp workaround would be to add the pdterm IcServer command in the Windows Schedular or script that would run automatically after a re-boot and stop this process.