cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS MC license expiry issue.

laimf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! Can somebody advise what is causing the IDS MC & Management Center module in the CW2K VMS/Security bundle 2.0 (CWVMS-2.0-WINR-K9) to pop up a "license expiry" message and causing the user unable to launch the application? Currently, the IDS MC is used to only monitor 2 IDS 4200 & 1 PIX.

Appreciate very much on your reply.

Moh Fun.

9 Replies 9

vidhya
Level 1
Level 1

Check under Administration-> Common Services -> License Information. Does the license show as expired ?

Hi Vidhya,

Thank you for your reply.

The license says that the "Evaluation license has expired". But, why does it shows that it is an "evaluation" copy while we actually installing the CW2K VMS bundle using the original CD purchased from Cisco?

Thanks,

Moh Fun.

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Few clarification and comments:

1. I hope you are using VMS 2.1 and not 2.0 The MCs are for VMS2.1

2. Are you using the Eval license or thee purchased one?

3. Most Imp: It is a must that "during" installation of the VMS, the Terminal Services needs to be disabled.

Thanks,

yatin

Hi Yatin,

The answers for your comments are:-

1. I supposed the VMS 2.0 is used, as the product code purchased is "CWVMS-2.0-WINR-K9"

2. The software is a purchased one and we installed it on the server using the CDs shipped with the bundle.

3. The terminal services are never enabled. And fyi, the IDS MC and monitoring center have been running for few months time and the "license expiry" message just pop up out recently.

Would appreciate very much if you could advise what would be the cause of it?

Thank you.

Moh Fun.

Please check the VMS version. It sould be 2.1 Anyway, if the license field is showing " License Expired" then, maybe the wrong or Eval license file was pointed to when installing the product. From the same window, you should be able to update the license, this time pointing it to the correct file. If that doesn't fix it, send the license file to me. I'l check it.

Thanks,

yatin

Hi Yatin,

Could you pls advise where is the license file located and the filename for the license file? Is it supposed to be in the CW2K server or inside the installation CD?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Moh Fun.

The license file is something like MCCORE20030211234556947.lic

The eval license file is on the Common Services CD, I think in the root, if not , do a search on the cd for *.lic

As for the valid paid license, you should have got it in an email from licensing@cisco.com. This file can be stored anywhere on the VMS server and can be pointed to from the License Update page in Common Services.

If you don't have the proper license file, please send an email to licensing@cisco.com requesting the same.

thanks,

yatin

Hi Yatin,

Based on the info given, I supposed the VMS is currently pointing to the eval license file as I did not receive any email from cisco.com. Btw, how do we distinguish if the license file is an eval copy or a valid one?

And, what are the information required to be attached in order to email to licensing@cisco.com for obtaining the valid license? Is there any serial no. or other kind of info attached to the purchased VMS bundle?

Thank you so much,

Moh Fun.

Hi Moh,

Should have given you the link earlier. Here it goes.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/vpnman/vms_2_1/core/cslicn10.htm

As for finding out if it was an Eval icense, try to match the filename of the license file on the VMS server to the one on the Common Services CD. If it matches, its is the Eval license that came along with the product.

Thanks,

yatin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: