IGMP Report broadcasted on all port

sullyvan78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got the following infrastruture :

Multicast Switch<-> Switch 2950 #1<-> Switch 2950 #2

I got the following problem :

On switch #2, all IGMP reports sent by client are sent to the multicast switch but also to all ports of switch#2.

It is not the case for the switch #1. I compare the two configurations of the switches and I do not see a difference for IGMP/VLAN configuration. The software is the same for the two switches.

Have you got any idea to solve it ?

Best regards

Ludovic

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ludovic

Is there perhaps a different VLAN for access ports on switch#2 than on switch#1? By default the multicast will be flooded to all access ports in the VLAN but not to other VLANs. Is it possible that switch#1 has IGMP snooping enabled?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for your answer Rick.

I have two VLANs (1 and 2) that are present on switch #1 and switch #2.

Multicast streams are present on the two VLANs.

IGMP snooping is not set for VLAN2 (and it is intentionaly done) on the two switches. I manually configure the ports of switch#2 to static access to VLAN 1 or 2 so the switch #2 has not to send multicast report to all ports as I set the VLAN/port.

Why are the IGMP reports sent to all wherease multicast stream are not flooded to all ?

Regards,

Ludovic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: