Helpful
Replies

IGX is receiving clock from oscillator but dspcurclk shows another source

t.muschak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My name is Thoralf Muschak.

I have a question to the following scenario on a IGX 8430 / SWSW 9.2.38.

IGX1 VT Service IGX 8430 9.2.38

Source Node: BPX1

Source Line: EXT-1 2.048 MHz

Clock Type: Primary

Clock Frequency: 2048006

Node is currently receiving clock from its internal oscillator.

There is a trunk between BPX1 and IGX1.

All trunks have been configured for Pass Sync "Yes"

A node behind IGX 1 with no direct connectivity to the BPX1 is receiving the clock

from the BPX accross this trunk mentoned above

(Path to Source: IGX2 7.2--16.1IGX1 6.2--11.3BPX1)

Can anybody help pls.

Many thanks in advance !

Rgds,

Thoralf Muschak

3 Replies 3

smoosa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thoralf,

Do you see any messages in the log of the IGX1 that indicate that the clock source switched at some point ?. It would help to see the clkdb and dclk screens from this IGX. Also something that you could try is to reconfigure the clock source for this IGX. ie configure a line on the IGX as clock source , make sure that it appears as the clock source in dspcurclk and then remove this source to see if the message about the internal oscillator changes.

danny.moynihan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

An IGX will always prefer clocking from a BPX which has a stratam 3 clock as opposed to the IGX stratam 4 clock. If there were no BPX available, then the IGX would use the frequencey from the highest node numbered IGX. Also, clocking cannot be passed through a non channelised trunk, it must be E1/T1.

Clocking can also be selected from the carriers equipment, unfortunately there is no way of determining which trunks are being clocked.

Not sure why it shows that it is using it's internal oscillator though.

What do you see if you run the following command - dspclksrcs .

Regards

Danny

d.kalcher
Level 1
Level 1

I really don't like doing this, but the following URL has helped me on many related BPX and IGX clocking issues and reinforces the technical responses provided by the other two users.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/74/wansw_clock.html

Also try clrclkalm on the trunk 6.2 on IGX1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: