Views
Helpful
Replies

IGX8430 link problem

tbogie
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

I would appreciate some help. On an IGX a particular link, the trunk between two nodes is clear but the configured FR PVC as failed. The telco swears on his life that it has nothing to do with end-to-end connectivity. Doing a dsplog shows a bunch of errors associated with the trunk / FR such as "TRK 29 Tx BDB Packets Dropped". What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks.

Timothy

2 Replies 2

tbogie
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

There is no longer a need to reply. Whether this is a good network practice is debatable but the fix to the problem I had to find the trunk that the PVC was on by doing a dsprts, deleting the trunk - deltrk "trunk_number", and adding the trunk again - addtrk "trunk_number".

Timothy

Timothy,

I would like to respond anyway. The error you were getting indicates you are most likely putting too much traffic on the trunk. When you deleted, and re-added the trunk, you were basically grooming traffic off that trunk so that your Frame-Relay connection had more bandwidth.

A less invasive way of doing this is to track down the few connections that my be causing the congestion and route them over different trunks. If you start to see these discards on numerous trunks, that is an indication that you need more trunks :)

Thanks,

Tom