Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing devices from CW2K to RTM

janith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have installed CW2K and RTM. I am trying to populate RTM database with CW2K inventory. I followed the instructions given as per the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/477/RTM/rtm_faq.shtml#import

In that document under Importing Devices from Ciscoworks2000 to RTM step number 3 says in a command prompt to run nGeniusCiscoImport.bat in the nGenius \bin directory.

At this point when I try to execute this .bat file it says "debugging disabled" and "logged" then it stops. I cannot continue the other steps.

Can anyone tell me why this is and what i should do to get the import of devices working.

THanks all

Champ

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If this is RTM 1.4, then you can use the Bulk Add Import feature of RTM.

1. Create a CSV file containing information about each device you want to add.

1) Create a new text file using a text editor.

2) Enter information about each device using one of the following formats:

For Switches:

Device Type, Device Name, IP Address, Read Community String, Write Community String, Retries, Timeout

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

automatic, Cat1, 1.2.3.4, public, private, 2, 20

automatic, Cat2, 5.6.7.8, public, private, 2, 20

automatic, Cat3, 9.10.11.12, public, private, 2, 20

For probes:

Device Type, Device Name, IP Address, Read Community String, Write Community String, Retries, Timeout

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

probe, HSSI, 13.14.15.16, public, private, 2, 20

2. Launch RTM Server, Select File > Bulk Add Import.

3. In the Bulk Add Import window locate your CSV file. Make sure the file name displays in the File Name field.

4. Click Bulk Add Import. The devices are added to the Device Configuration window.

Hi rmushtaq

Thanks for the reply. I will remember this when i am using RTM 1.4. But currently I am using RTM 1.3 and the Bulk Add feature is not there in RTM 1.3.

In this case what would you suggest. Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers

Champ

If you don't have anything in RTM yet, try doing a reinitializing of the database and then re-import.