Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Importing image file: "Directory Empty..."

When in CiscoWorks 2.2, under Resource Manager Essentials | Library | Add Images , I'm trying to import an image into the library from a standard .bin file I got off the IOS Upgrade Planner on Cisco's website. I point RME at the directory containing the .bin file, but it says the directory's empty. What gives? I can't schedule any IOS updates with an empty library. PS.. CiscoWorks is on a non-routed segment w/o access to the Internet (thus no access to Cisco's website) Machine CAN get to internal fileservers tho...

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Importing image file: "Directory Empty..."

I just tried it on my RME 3.5 and no such problem. I downloaded an IP only 12.2(17) .bin image from CCO for 3640, placed it under C:\ and then used RME's Add Image from File System to add this. When I browse the library, I see it there.

Re: Importing image file: "Directory Empty..."

SOLVED......... On CiscoWorks 2.2, on the Windows platform, the directory structure *from which* you import the IOS files must be classical DOS 8.3 nameing convention. The cause of the original problem was that the Ciscoworks directory was truncated to Ciscow~1. I moved the IOS files to a directory that was compliant with 8.3, and it worked fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies