Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

in-band sc0 managment interface lost

we have C6509 with CATOS 5.3.(3), when the switch is starting-up, from PC I can ping to sc0 interface, but after some minutes, I can't ping to sc0. Tha PC is connected directly to C6509 and it belogs to same subnet than sc0.

Neither, I can't ping from MFSC routerto sc0 ip address

have anybody seen this problem?.

thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES

Re: in-band sc0 managment interface lost

Most likely an issue with the inband. If you want to take the long and painful path, setup a SPAN session and monitor sc0. For a long-term solution, upgrade to a more stable GD code, 5.5(19).

Ref. for add'l T/S commands:

show netstat stat

show arp

show cam (for the port PC is connected to)

show inband (check to see if TxHead/RxHead moving)

Do you know, why there is problems with inband sc0? The switch was working very well. Restart the switch, over and over, does't resolve problem.

What happen if I see if TxHead/RxHead moving?

show arp does't show nothing.

Sergio

If sc0 and the client are on the same vlan and there is no ARP entry on the switch, then the client is not recieving the ARP or, the switch is not ARP'ing for it. Plug a sniffer onto any port on that vlan, issue a clear arp, start the sniffer, ping the client, and check if you see the ARP sent by the switch.

Views
Helpful
Replies