Views
Helpful
Replies

Information on 3945 router and ASA 5520 FW

sly007
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly help me.

I requested for 3945 Router, to be equipped with advanced security IOS. On delivery, it came with only one power source, and no IOS license for the security feature.. All the ones i have seen on cisco site have two power sources. The vendor is claiming that it comes with one power source by default, and that the security feature does not need any license.

Kindly confirm this to me.

Secondly, the ASA firewall has a slot meant to be occupied by a flash-like PCMCIA card, but it is empty. Asking the vendor, he says the card is embedded in the interior of the chassis. Can this be true?

I need you to help me with these clarifications.

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Kindly help me.

I requested for 3945 Router, to be equipped with advanced security IOS. On delivery, it came with only one power source, and no IOS license for the security feature.. All the ones i have seen on cisco site have two power sources. The vendor is claiming that it comes with one power source by default, and that the security feature does not need any license.

Secondly, the ASA firewall has a slot meant to be occupied by a flash-like PCMCIA card, but it is empty. Asking the vendor, he says the card is embedded in the interior of the chassis. Can this be true?

Thank you.

Hi,

If you have oredered with ios for cisco 3945 it should have pre loaded at the time of delvery and just check out the BOM at the time of order placement have order for dual power source for cisco 3945 router, As per the data sheet it has dual power supplies.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10541/index.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

View solution in original post

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

While 3945 datasheet talks about support for dual power supply, from the data sheet, it looks like the chassis comes with single power supply (the weight seems like accounts for one power supply). Typically, you need to add the second power supply seperately (unless it is listed as an item included in the package).

With regard to your question about ASA, it is correct that the ASA has an internal flash card. You have an option of adding second flash card as well but it is not necessary.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Kindly help me.

Thank you.

Hi,

If you have oredered with ios for cisco 3945 it should have pre loaded at the time of delvery and just check out the BOM at the time of order placement have order for dual power source for cisco 3945 router, As per the data sheet it has dual power supplies.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10541/index.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

While 3945 datasheet talks about support for dual power supply, from the data sheet, it looks like the chassis comes with single power supply (the weight seems like accounts for one power supply). Typically, you need to add the second power supply seperately (unless it is listed as an item included in the package).

With regard to your question about ASA, it is correct that the ASA has an internal flash card. You have an option of adding second flash card as well but it is not necessary.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT