Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Initial Discovery

We run LMS 2.1 RME 3.4 and CM 3.2 on the same box of a WIN2K SP2 environment. We'd like to discovery user information per building in a bank environment. I recently put in 2 6509 MTRs as my seed devices for the initial discovery. We have enabled CDP on most of the devices connected to the 6509s. Community strings are correct. I thought we've everything prepared for the discovery. After 3 major acquisitions and no data returned and no errors either. I wonder if ACL permit should be enabled. Does anyone has any idea ? I've read the UT trouble-shooting document as well. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: Initial Discovery

Please verify that SNMP works properly first. Are all devices discovered in the ANI database? Did you enter correct credentials for all devices?

RME 3.4 manged the devices. I issued SNMPGET command and get sysName returned. No devices being discovered. The devices are listed in the Device View as device unreachable. I wonder if ACL ip permit is disabled.

What do you think?

Problem was the SNMP community string. Couldn't use wilecard.

After I've put in the subnet IP address, I had 3172 MAC discovered but another problem is in the VLAN and VLANtype columns, it shows inactive3 and inactive. I telnet to the device and found inactive3 actual meant VLAN3.

I have no correspondance IP address listed but only the MAC.

Anybody know have an answer for me ? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content