cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Input and CRC Erros

ahegler
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving input and CRC errors on a serial interface when opening certain Microsft Excel files. I have replaced routers, CSU's, and cables on both sides. Clocking, framing, and line coding are correct. Loopback test appera to be good. The telco has tested and found no errors. I can solve this issue with STAC compression but I would rather solve the problem than cover it up. Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

kkalaycioglu
Level 4
Level 4

To viewpoint of a layer-3 networking device (router) a file type doesn't express a special meaning BUT some data patterns can be more susceptible to some kind of failures. For example extended ping test using various data patterns may indicate different error rates (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1915.htm#xtocid11). What are other input errors on the interface? Or better, when you issue "clear interface....." and transfer the file what is the "sh interface... " output?

Regards.

I have already performed lopback and extended ping testing with different data patterns and sizes and cannot recreate the errors. I get no ther errors on the interafce besides input and crc errors. When the file is accessed I normally see an increment of 4 crc and 4 input errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: