Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Input and CRC Erros

I am receiving input and CRC errors on a serial interface when opening certain Microsft Excel files. I have replaced routers, CSU's, and cables on both sides. Clocking, framing, and line coding are correct. Loopback test appera to be good. The telco has tested and found no errors. I can solve this issue with STAC compression but I would rather solve the problem than cover it up. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES

Re: Input and CRC Erros

To viewpoint of a layer-3 networking device (router) a file type doesn't express a special meaning BUT some data patterns can be more susceptible to some kind of failures. For example extended ping test using various data patterns may indicate different error rates (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1915.htm#xtocid11). What are other input errors on the interface? Or better, when you issue "clear interface....." and transfer the file what is the "sh interface... " output?

Regards.

Re: Input and CRC Erros

I have already performed lopback and extended ping testing with different data patterns and sizes and cannot recreate the errors. I get no ther errors on the interafce besides input and crc errors. When the file is accessed I normally see an increment of 4 crc and 4 input errors.

Views
Helpful
Replies