Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

input queue flushes on router fastethernet

What are "flushes" on the input queue of a router fastethernet? And do they denote a particular problem?

3 REPLIES

Re: input queue flushes on router fastethernet

I would look at your buffer and controller stats, this will indicate of you have a problem or not. As far as i know this will be tied to the queueing mechanism in place, flushing indicates that it has been forced to empty queues etc either by a process or by user intervention (CLI).

If you have a lot of DROPS then i would look at buffers stat's etc,

Thanks-

I've looked at buffers and controller stats and nothing jumps out at me. I'm trying to tie this is with some problems I've experienced on eigrp where I'm losing all my neighbor adjacencies. I agree, the interfaces are being over-run by a process, and I'm trying to figure out who the culprit is.

You should see signs of EIGRP struggling with relationships. Especially with the sh ip eigrp nei detail, this will give you info on the queue for EIGRP and how many re-transmissionings have been taking place, also unstable relationships can also be caused by two many EIGRP neighbours.

Are your you logging negbour changes, you can see if a pattern builds up, this can be signs of broadcast storms on local segments stopping hello's and updates, queuries etc getting through.

The sh proc cpu should not be high and if it is then see what process is killing the box, if it is only interface level what are the stats from the sh interface.

What version of IOS are you running and i would have a look at this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/bufferleak_troubleshooting.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content