cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing CiscoWorks 2000 - CD One

sjgreen
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install CiscoWorks 2000 - CD One (3rd edition) onto a Windows 2000 Server. I keep receiving the following error:

jrew_dep.exe access violation

Cannot create the install dependency file.

I have heard that this may be down to a) having 1GB memory b) having a fast Pentium processor although I cannot find anything in the release notes or on the Cisco Web Site. Other users have reported the same problem on bulletin boards ?

3 Replies 3

c.chao
Level 1
Level 1

may be:

1.CD-ROM Read data error

2.check you NT/2000 Pack?

3.recommand close other application

4.try again

This is a clean install of windows 2000 with sp1, I noticed that sp2 wasn’t supported so I re-installed. If I try to install on a machine with under 1Gb of memory it works fine !! , but I do need to install on this machine without taking any memory out…. Anyone know of a work around ???

If you are using the October, 2000 Release, which it sounds like you are, its not supported for SP1 on Windows 2000. Certain aspects will work, but not all of them. Also, when you install, you have to log on as Local Administrator, not Domain Administrator.

There is a March, 2001 (CD One, 4th Edition) release which works fine on SP1. Currently there isn't a version supported on SP2, although I've been told there will be soon.

Also I ran into an issue with an installation on a Pentium 4. I had to delete a file, but don't have the information with me at the moment. TAC did give me the information to work around the issue.