Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Installing Ciscoworks2000 4ed..problem dbsrv6.exe CPU utilization is 100%

Installling Ciscoworks2000 4thed. problem during a discovery dbsrv6.exe CPU utilizationis 100%..Do not get login in screen, unable to access server, under task manager unable to stop process..receive error msg; unable to stop process. What suggestions to correct the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Blue

Re: Installing Ciscoworks2000 4ed..problem dbsrv6.exe CPU utiliz

- You're on the wrong Service Pack for 4th Ed. SP3 is not supported.

- In IE 6.0, Tools->Internet Options->Privacy->Under Settings, move the Slider to all the way down which will display Accept All Cookies. then click OK to save the changes.

9 REPLIES
Blue

What is the version of Operating System and Service Pack installed?. Professional/Server/Advanced Server?. What other applications are installed on the same server with CW2K?. How much CPU and RAM?

MSWin2000 Server

5.0.2195 Svp (3)

No other applications installed: C:drive Operating Sys; D:Ciscoworks2000.

RAM 2GB, CPU 1GHZ, 512MB SDRAM 133MHZ.

Is there anyway I can bring back the server to Login Screen?

Blue

Normally the login screen will not appear if the JRunProxyServer or the Web Server Process is not running properly. From the DOS CLI try doing a 'net stop crmdmgtd' followed by 'net start crmdmgtd' and try again. Are you accessing the CW2K directly from the server or form a remote client PC?. If there's any Anti-Virus software installed on the Server/Client, disable it for now and then access the server again. Use IE 5.5 or 6.0 if possible.

- Service Pack 3 is not supported with 5h Ed currently.

I am running the 4th ed...

Using IE 6...but I do not see where to enable Cookies; stored on computer and per-session.

No anti-Virus installed

the dbsrv6.exe is utilizing 99% of the CPU...

Blue

- You're on the wrong Service Pack for 4th Ed. SP3 is not supported.

- In IE 6.0, Tools->Internet Options->Privacy->Under Settings, move the Slider to all the way down which will display Accept All Cookies. then click OK to save the changes.

Thanks, I also rebooted the server and the discovery process stop and the problem is corrected. My desktop is unable to access Ciscoview but it is my desktop alone. I checked everyones IE and the are running IE 6, SP1, 1 revision.

I upgraded to IE6, SP1 and my desktop browser does not work. Any suggestions?

Blue

Make sure that you're using the correct Java plug-in 1.3.1 to access CW2K. What is the error message that you see when you say that you're unable to access CiscoView?

From every other PC desktop, I can access ciscoview. I campared the IE6 properties: I upgraded to SP1 and NO revisions... Java 1.3.1 Plug-in has been installed on workstation.

Error MSG: You are not authorized to perform this request, close browser and retry again.

I know it is my pc only.

Blue

Then this is not a CW2K problem since you're able to access CW2K from other client PCs fine. I think that there's somwthing wrong with your IE 6.0 on this particular PC. Try using Netscape instead to see if it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください