cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate MIBS into HP OV NNM.

solisbdj
Level 1
Level 1

I have intalled the integration utilitiy 1.7 on machine with CiscoWorks 2000.

The utility does not integrate MIBS into HP Openview. Is it normal?

What I can do for integrate MIBs into HP Openview?.

Regards

11 Replies 11

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Integration Utility alone will not integrate with HPOV or load the MIBs. After you've installed the utility, you need to run it (nmic.sh from CLI) and then follow the screens. You'll also need to download/update the HPOV Adapter first and the complete the integration. See the CW2K User Guide for the detailed steps on this.

I have intalled tje integration utility.

In HP OV NNM is add Cisco device icons to topology maps, but it don´t load the MIB in HP OV NNM.

This is my problem, and I dont know if is that The integration don´t load the MIB or The integration isn´t correct.

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

If you are looking for the specific MIBs for CiscoWorks 2000 (i.e. CISCO-ENCASE-MIB), it is located at (NMSROOT)/objects/share/mibs. Copy the MIB(s) to your HP OpenView server and use the Load/Unload MIBs menu option.

g.tresselt
Level 1
Level 1

Are CiscoWorks and OpenView running on the same machine? If not, you have to run integration utility on the OpenView server.

Hi, I have a similiar situation here. The CW2000 installed on the NT Server, and HPOV NNM 6.1 installed on other machine, HPUX-10.x. I have just added a new Cat6513 switch in the network.

So, how could I load the Cat6513 MIB into the HPOV NNM environment? I couldn't find the MIB for Cat6513, the highest it just 6509, in the Cisco MIB Locator.

Appreciate for any advise.

Thanks.

If you just want to load the Cat6513 MIBs intp HPOV, you can use the 6509 MIBs from www.cisco.com/public/mibs which are the same for 6513 as well. If you want to integrate HPOV with CW2K (CV), then you need to download and install the Integration Utility + HPOV Adapter from CCO which will also load all the MIBs beside doing the integration.

Thanks for your info., I have tried load the MIB using the HPOV MIB Loader, but one of the file CISCO-TC.MIB.my appear to have some prroblem one line 148 during the loading process.

What should I do to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Every MIB has some pre-requisite MIBs that must be loaded first. In this case:

SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-TC and CISCO-SMI are the pre-requisite mibs that must be loaded first.

Also, have a look at: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/app_notes/mib-compilers which explains how to load/compile MIBs etc

Thanks for your info. I have manage to load those Cat6513 IOS MIB files into the HPOV, but I have ignore some cause there are some error for certain files during the compilation process. So, how should I know/test whether the MIB files loaded are correct or not?

Besides that, I would like to know the way to load new icon (Catalyst 6500) into the HPOV, where can I get & load these icon files?

Thanks in advance for the advises.

As long as there are no Error message during the loading/compilation of MIBs, it's OK. If you see error messages then you have to look into them for more details.

As for loading the new icon for Cat6513, that only happens if you have integrated Cisco View with HPOV and loaded the latest device package for 6513 in CV. Just by loading the Cat65xx MIBs in HPOV will not give you the device icons.

Thank you very much. I am cleared now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: