Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrated 3750 WLC Sw Upgrade

svalerio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm considering the opportunity to update our WLCs from their current 4.2.112 software version to one of the followings newest versions:

4.2(207)

6.0(196)

I've examined the Cisco docs, but I'm still not sure of a couple of issues ...

Can anybody confirm that there's non need to upgrade the BOOT IMAGE before upgrading the sw image? (current BOOT IMAGE is 4.2.112 also)

Can anybody confirm that before installing the 6.x version, you need to upgrade to the 4.2.(207) - or at least to the 4.2(173) - anyway ?

Finally can somebody summarize which are the main differences between v. 4.2(207) and v. 6.0(196) ? or indicate a "comparative" document ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Sonia

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Special Rules for Upgrading to Controller Software Release 6.0.196.0
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn6_0_196.html#wp233853

Finally can somebody summarize which are the main differences between v. 4.2(207) and v. 6.0(196) ? or indicate a "comparative" document ?

Are you using AP-1140?  If no, then you can stay at 4.X code.  Frankly, whether or not you are using 1140, I'd go to the 6.X.

Don't forget to rate our posts.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: