Helpful
Replies

Integration utility

pt3172
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a question. We are currently running NNM 6.2. When we loaded

CW2000 we also selected the integration utility. When we add a package in

CW2000 under the Device Manager>Administration>Package Support Updater>Add Packages. We receive the message:

An updated version of NMIDB is now available for integration with third party NMS platforms.

To update the integrations, run on CiscoWorks 2000 server $NMSROOT/bin/nmic.sh

Do I really have to do this? I thought if we ran the integration at CW2000 install we would not have to manually install the mibs. But I might be a little

confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Patty

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

nmidb (Network Management Integration Data Bundle) is part of every latest CiscoView device package that you download and install. The Network Management Integration Data Bundle (NMIDB) contains the icons and configuration files specific to a Cisco device platform. NMIDB also contains MIBs and the application registration information used to register Cisco applications into the NMS. You can download an NMIDB from a file on your local machine, from Cisco.com, or from another system, or use an already downloaded file.

For example, the latest nmidb version is 1.0.070. You don't need to update the nmidb every time you use CW2K. However, if there is a latest version available, just run nmic from and in the first screen point it to the latest nmidb for update. You don't even have to download it. If you have a CCO account, you can simply enter the username/password in the initial nmic screen and the rest is done automatically by the software. See Table 2-11 at: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/5steditn/use_view/ug_ch2.htm#xtocid10 for details.

Thanks for responding so quick. So, from what I am seeing is that even though I installed the utility at CW2000 install, I still have to manually run the nmic.sh to actually get the updated mibs and icons, etc. to appear in

Network Node Manager.

Thanks

Patty

Not necessarily. Integration Utility and the nmidb (Adapter) are two separate things. Integration Utility installed only gives the mechanism to install/upgrade/integrate the Adapters/nmidb etc. It alone does not update any nmidb etc.

You don't need to manually run nmic to get updated MIBs, nmidb etc. As I mentioned earlier, nmidb, MIBs etc are already part of the Cisco View device packages. So, as long as you have installed the latest CV device packages, it will update the nmidb and other stuff for you. So, you don't have to go thru this process again.

Thanks so much. So even when I get this message after adding a package,

I do not have to run this script? Thanks for your patience.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: