cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Inter connect Cat 3550L3-----------VIA ---LES100-------Cat 3550

I wonder if any one has gone through a situation like this:

c3550L3----------C3508----------C2950(all interconnect via -gbic.

presnt the cutomer have 3com sithces and ,there are 3 sites ionvolved.D/F being from 3com router ,now.

my concers are as follows:

1.how can I improve the nwk,and migate users onto new cat2950(which I have done )the users can login as .before! I have only implement a flat vlan on all 3 sites now but want to create a vlan for each sites!,because of the existing nwk equip.(connections to exiting lan was made via x over ,and d d/f route was created on the 3com router.But I want to ged rid the 3com and create a routes between c3550L3 and 3com so the users will still get access..any sample configs please!

2 I set up a test bed ,as it should be implemented I was able to go from 2950 to all nwk services locally,But When I connect the 2 3550L3 ,(with rj45 cable straight ,and Xover ) I was unable to make the connections why?

***the only way I was able to do was ,introduce a switch between and connect both switches vs X over cable ***********************************

sorry ,I am bit confused with this ,My understanding is that when you connect L3-L3 use over,L3-L2 use RJ45,can someone help me with this !!!

Thanks

Sam

1 REPLY

Re: Inter connect Cat 3550L3-----------VIA ---LES100-------Cat 3

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content