Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Inter VLAN routing problem?

We have Enterasys switching equipment for LAN setup & Cisco router for routing WAN traffic.

Can we configure VLANs on these switches with 802.1q std & enable routing between these VLANs via routers virtual Ethernet subinterfaces enabled for dot1q ?

Can anyone suggest me useful resources/links in order to configure routing on cisco router [3640 with 12.0(4) T ] while routing between these VLANs.?

Thank you.

Ravikant A.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Inter VLAN routing problem?

Ravikant,

Here is a link that shows how to set this up and requirements:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a008008742b.html

Hope this helps you,

Don

Don,

But it is asking for Login-ID password to access this link !

Could you suggest me if any public document is available on the same issue w/o logging in ?

Thank you.

Ravikant.

Silver

Ravikant,

Pls send me an email at doewald@cisco.com and I will reply to you with this link in a pdf format for your review.

Thank you,

Don

Don,

The pdf shows how to assign IP address to the VLAN enabled (802.1q enabled) subinterface & the relevant info for other routed protocols but could you suggest me something which can help me in addressing following issues?

1) How to route between native 802.3 or E_II encapsulated Ethernet port & a non-native virtual 802.1q encapsulated Ethernet port?

2) We have configured 4 Vlans in our Enterasys switched fabric how to route traffic between inter-vlan subnets?

3) Also if we want to put the HP-jet direct enabled network printer on a separate VLAN with /30 class c subnet (one IP to printer & second one to router subinterface) then how to make this printer available for other VLANs?

Thank you,

Ravikant.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content