Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Inter-VLAN Routing

Hi,

How do I turn off inter-VLAN routing for VLAN 30 on an access layer switch? Inter-VLAN routing is already turned on in the distribution switches. The running-config is as follows:

interface Vlan30

ip address 172.xx.xx.xx 255.255.252.0

ip broadcast-address 172.xx.xx.255

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
4 REPLIES

Re: Inter-VLAN Routing

The most straight-forward way is:

int vl 30

no ip address

This will isolate vlan 30 completely.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Peter,

Are you running intervlan routing both at access layer as well as distribution layer? If yes you can just stop it on access layer and let is happen only at distribution layer if the interfaces re common at both the layers.

You can just say "no ip routing" to completely stop intervlan rotuing at access layer.

If you want to specifically stop for one interface which is vlan 30 you can just shut it down.

int vlan 30

shut---->this will shut the logical interface for vlan 30 at access layer

But still I do not got the concept of having inter vlan routing at both the layers?

HTH

Ankur

Purple

Or at config mode just enter , "no interface vlan 30" this takes out the layer3 end and just leaves the layer2 vlan.

I would say that if you do not want anything from that access layer switch to be routed using the VLAN 30 interface on your distribution level... just disallow VLAN 30 across the trunk connection between your access layer switch and your distribution layer.

Jason

Views
Helpful
Replies