cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

interconect 2950 and 3750

alin.achim
Level 1
Level 1

Can I interconect 2 switches: one Catalyst2950(24x10/100+2x100FX) and other Catalyst3750(12SFP which are populated with 100FX modules) through (direct) a fiber optic patch cord.

Thanks,

Alin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you are connecting one 100 port to another 100 port, there is no issue connecting with single patch cord. It should work perfectly w/o causing any ill effects

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alin,

Yes, as long as you are connecting ports of the same type (e.g. 100FX to 100FX or 1000SX to 1000SX). Simply cross the transmit and receive fiber such that the tx on one end connects to the rx on the other end and vice versa.

HTH,

Bobby

*Please rate helpful posts.

Hi,

Sure I must to put rx to tx and tx to rx.

But my questions is about if I can to conect directly (through a only one fiber optic patch cord) two fiber optics ports one fiber optics ports of 2950 and other ports of 3750.

They are in the same place (rack).

Is it any posilities to damage the fiber optic interfaces of switches if they are conected through a only one fiber optic patch cord

Alin

Hi,

Sure I must to put rx to tx and tx to rx.

But my questions is about if I can to conect directly (through a only one fiber optic patch cord) two fiber optics ports one fiber optics ports of 2950 and other ports of 3750.

Is it any posilities to damage the fiber optic interfaces of switches if they are conected through a only one fiber optic patch cord, because the patch cord is shortly (arround 2 or 3 meters) and the power of the laser beam (tx) is too strong for receiver (rx) and it can damaged after a time of working?

Alin

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

Waht kind of 3750? There are no 3750 with SFP port that runs on 100 Mbps. The only one I can find with 100FX are the Catalyst 3750-24FS, you can connnect the 100FX ports to the 2950's 100FX ports. You cannot connect a gig SFP port to a 100FX ports.

Please rate all posts.

Hi,

In the Catalyst 3750 12 SFP Standard Multilayer Image (p/n WS-C3750G-12S-S) I can put 100FX SFP on GE SFP ports for DSBU switches (p/n GLC-GE-100FX) .

Is it any posilities to damage the fiber optic interfaces of switches if they are conected through a only one fiber optic patch cord

Alin

Hi,

In the Catalyst 3750 12 SFP Standard Multilayer Image (p/n WS-C3750G-12S-S) I can put 100FX SFP on GE SFP ports for DSBU switches (p/n GLC-GE-100FX) .

Is it any posilities to damage the fiber optic interfaces of switches if they are conected through a only one fiber optic patch cord, because the patch cord is shortly (arround 2 or 3 meters) and the power of the laser beam (tx) is too strong for receiver (rx) and it can damaged after a time of working?

If you are connecting one 100 port to another 100 port, there is no issue connecting with single patch cord. It should work perfectly w/o causing any ill effects

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: