Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

interface counter inconsistency

Is there a known reason/bug why the input interface counters on my Eth1 interface differ from my BVI interface? To the details...

I'm using IRB and created a BVI which consists of E1 and S1 on my 2514. S1 is STP blocked at the other end. All traffic outbound from the BVI goes through E1 which is directly connected to a radio (other than BPDU stuff). By the same token, all traffic inbound to the BVI is coming through E1.

When I watch my counters, the Outbound counters on the BVI and E1 are almost identical. However, the Inbound counters on the E1 show next to nothing, while the BVI shows the traffic that I expect.

I can confirm that the traffic is NOT coming across S1. I can also confirm that the radio is receiving what the BVI is reporting. So why is the E1 Inbound counter reporting incorrect data?

Thanks,

Phil.

2 REPLIES

Re: interface counter inconsistency

Which IOS version (exactly)? I can run it on bug toolkit and see if there is anything.

Gold

Re: interface counter inconsistency

This could be accounted for in different switching methods used on the different interfaces. For instance, is cef enabled on all three interfaces? Generally, it's difficult to find situations in which the counters do match.... :-)

Russ

Views
Helpful
Replies