cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface Port Channel

jsilas007
Level 1
Level 1

My port channel is not coming up can you review my port channel configuration.

SWITCH#

!

interface Port-channel12

switchport access vlan 513

switchport mode access

!

end

6 Replies 6

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which physical interfaces are part of channel-group 2? Can you paste the entire config?

Hello,

how are your participating interfaces configured ? They should look like this (assuming you use interfaces FastEthernet0/1 and FastEthernet0/2 for your channel on both devices):

3550-1#

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

switchport mode access

channel-group 12 mode on

!

interface FastEthernet0/2

switchport mode access

channel-group 12 mode on

!

interface Port-channel12

switchport mode access

3550-2#

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

switchport mode access

channel-group 12 mode on

!

interface FastEthernet0/2

switchport mode access

channel-group 12 mode on

!

interface Port-channel12

switchport mode access

Do you have physical connectivity at all ?

Regards,

GP

The only difference is that my channel is setup for desirable instead of on that shouldn't be an issue.

switch#

!

interface FastEthernet0/9

description **** Primary_ NetScaler01****

switchport mode access

speed 100

duplex full

channel-group 12 mode desirable

!

interface FastEthernet0/10

description **** Primary_ NetScaler01****

switchport mode access

speed 100

duplex full

channel-group 12 mode desirable

!

end

Hello,

you have the exact same configuration for the two ports on the other side of the connection ? What devices do you use (e.g. 2950 switches, or 3500 switches) ?

Regards,

GP

Yes the configurations are the same on both 3600 Switches. The devices that are connected to the ports are not setup currently in a channel mode that maybe the issue, what do you think?

This should work as long as the far end is set as either desirable or auto for the channel . Also make sure the vlans match on each end and that the port channel is not admin down . Do a show ip int brief to check . At the very least you should see cdp neighbors thru these links even if for some reason the channel is not coming active . You could also bounce the port channel to see if that helps . What is the status when you do a "show etherchannel detail " ? I know the config that you are using works fine on a 3750 ,we have etherchannels setup in multiple places as desirable which is basically cisco's recommendation on how to set them up .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: