Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Internal WIC with 256K Frame Connection

Cisco 1720

IOS: 12.1(1)T

Internal CSU/DSU WIC P/N: WIC-1DSU-T1

I'm trying to replace a router at one of my sites. This sites connects to the WAN via a 256K circuit / Frame-Relay.

The old router, another 1720 had a Serial Card with an External Adtran TSU. The first four channels on the external TSU were on and the rest were off. This facilitated the 256K pipe.

The new router (1720) has an internal WIC card to replace the external TSU. I can not for the life of me get this new setup to connect to the rest of the WAN.

Here's some info....

-The config in the new router is identical to that of the old, except it has a newer IOS and more flash.

-Serial0 shows Up - Line Protocol is always down. I can force it to shut/no shut and it comes up for just a second and then drops.

-Our Frame Provider is able to loop the Internal WIC

-There are no alarms lights on the circuit smart jack or the internal WIC.

So my question is, will this internal WIC be able to tell what the bandwidth of the circuit is or do I have to turn it down to 256K? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Mat

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Internal WIC with 256K Frame Connection

Matt

You need to set the time slots in the router with the internal CSU.

set the timeslots by putting the 'service-module t1 timeslots 1-4' command on the main interface .

You may also want to put the command ' service-module t1 fdl both'

This gived telcos the ability to loop your csu

Views
Helpful
Replies