cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet access

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have 4 routers in my Frame Relay WAN configured in Hub and Spoke. All routers can see each other, in fact all networks can see each other (I'm running EIGRP). The Hub router in Corporate connects through a Check Point Firewall and out to the internet. The remote routers are suppose to take the same path to the internet. Each router reports "destination host unreachable" only when trying to get to the internet but works fine between the offices. WHAT DID I FORGET??

6 Replies 6

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

Is the hub router forwarding a default route to the other routers?

Mark

The hub router has a default gateway on the lan side (which is the firewall) All devices in the hub location has this DG. The remote routers do not have a DG set but are the DG for thier respective networks. Office to office connectivity works fine. All servers are at the hub location and all isers can login, get email, etc.

The spokes need a default gateway pointing to the hub. Otherwise they dont know where to send packets for all those "unknown" destination networks on the internet. Most of the time the default is all they need.

Not applicable

Thanks,

I'll give it a shot.

I'm guessing that your using static routing to the Internet from the main router, you could easily accomplish this by redistributing your static routes on the main router into your EIGRP tables... Should be something like:

router eigrp 1

redistribute static

This can have other consequences too if you have more than just the static route for the Internet on that router.

tomanderin
Level 1
Level 1

Does the f/wall know the route back to the spoke sites

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: