Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Access

Hi, I have a frame relay connection to a remote site that is properly working. The issue is that this router needs internet access through our router. Even thought they can ping through the frame line, they cannot access the internet. It seems like our firewall is blocking their connection to the internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!!!

6 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Internet Access

Hi

Do you have a default route in place which you provide the remote connection?

Roger

Gold

Hi Recardo,

As the previous post states, you'll require a default gateway on your remote router, if you do a > show ip route, this should tell you if you have a default gateway applied on the remote router. If you have not got this route then apply this to the router: (in config mode)

>ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 (your main internet gateway IP)

make sure you write to memory.

Now if you do show ip route again on the remote router you should see:

>gateway of last resort is (your main internet gateway IP) to network 0.0.0.0

and if you do a show config, you should see (further down the router config) ip classless of the applied ip route above.

Hope this helps -

Bronze

The firewall also needs a route for the remote network so it knows where to send responses.

So, I need to set up an IP route on my router and a route on the firewall from the remote location?.

Gold

Hi,

On my previous post I mentioned that you'll need a gateway of last resort applied to your remote router and a route on your firewall (were ever this is) for the remote router, so when clients from the remote end access internet the remote router will forward this to the firewall.

Hope this helps -

Bronze

Yes, on the firewall for the network of the remote router and on the router close

to the firewall a default route which you redistribute into your dynamic routing protocol.

Roger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content