cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 11.3 capabilities

swraight
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco 2610 running IOS 11.3 (2) and I want to know what I can do with it. I want to have three servers behind it which I want to be seen by the outside.

I also have a network that I want to be able to browse the Internet through this router.

I have done some research and it seems to me that I should be able to do NAT with this IOS level. Will I be able to do all the things I want to do with this level of software, or will I need to update my IOS? From what I have seen, I think I won't be able to do static NAT route mapping, which I *think* is what I will need to have to allow those three servers to be seen from the outside.

Any ideas on that? All help is appreciated!

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

You should be fine, using NAT in your scenario. The funniest part is that when i tried using Software Advisor, for the 11.3(2) series, I dont see the 2600 family at all listed . But definitely 11.3(2) does support NAT. And definitely u shud be able to use static NAT for your servers. The servers should then use public ip addresses

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

swraight
Level 1
Level 1

Okay...what if I wanted to make this router capable of doing VPN. I would need to upgrade the IOS and get a VPN accelerator card, right??? Thanks for your help!