Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS 11.3 capabilities

I have a cisco 2610 running IOS 11.3 (2) and I want to know what I can do with it. I want to have three servers behind it which I want to be seen by the outside.

I also have a network that I want to be able to browse the Internet through this router.

I have done some research and it seems to me that I should be able to do NAT with this IOS level. Will I be able to do all the things I want to do with this level of software, or will I need to update my IOS? From what I have seen, I think I won't be able to do static NAT route mapping, which I *think* is what I will need to have to allow those three servers to be seen from the outside.

Any ideas on that? All help is appreciated!

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: IOS 11.3 capabilities

You should be fine, using NAT in your scenario. The funniest part is that when i tried using Software Advisor, for the 11.3(2) series, I dont see the 2600 family at all listed . But definitely 11.3(2) does support NAT. And definitely u shud be able to use static NAT for your servers. The servers should then use public ip addresses

Bronze

Okay...what if I wanted to make this router capable of doing VPN. I would need to upgrade the IOS and get a VPN accelerator card, right??? Thanks for your help!

Views
Helpful
Replies