cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS 12.2 13T1 ands SNMP with 2621

aseamans
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2621 we recently upgraded to IOS 12.2 13T1. when we did we lost all communication with the serial interface of the router via snmp. We use snmp for monitoring and we can monitor the ethernet interfaces just fine but the serial interface is a no go.. and now we also have a new interface of Virtual Access i believe.. can anyone shed some light on what is going on and how to resolve it?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Depending on what application you are using to monitor this device you might delete it's configuration and readd it to your snmp polling device. Your IfIndex # for your Serial interface might have changed due to the additional interfaces added, as you've mentioned.

virtual access interface—Instance of a unique virtual interface that is created dynamically and exists temporarily. Virtual access interfaces can be created and configured differently by different applications, such as virtual profiles and virtual private dialup networks.

To delete this "clear interface virtual-access #" should remove this. Here's a link that talks about the Virtual access interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800872b7.html

Hope this helps you,

Don

Ok i tried the clear in virtual-access 1 and it gave me please use virtual template to configure your virtual access

also i deleted and readded the device form the snmp software and it still does the same thing.. any more suggestions?

aseamans
Level 1
Level 1

Ok i tried the clear in virtual-access 1 and it gave me please use virtual template to configure your virtual access

also i deleted and readded the device form the snmp software and it still does the same thing.. any more suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: