Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS based Switches(like Cat 4006 and 6509 with Sup III)

It is amazing to get to know about network professional connection Q&A. But coming to the Cisco world, I am getting to know only IOS based switches slowly and not CatOS(I have no clue). Well is there any site dedicated to to only IOS based switches like commands and troubleshooting procedures, field notices which will not discuss CatOS(I am wondering). Recently I have come across a book Cisco Multi Layer Switching Guide from Dr. Wayne Lewis who discusses both CatOS and native IOS and this is the only book I have seen so far and I found the information presented there is very valuable.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IOS based Switches(like Cat 4006 and 6509 with Sup III)

Re: IOS based Switches(like Cat 4006 and 6509 with Sup III)

I do appreciate the prompt response and help. I checked out the link and found it as very valuable. I do know that there are majority of the people out there using CatOS in their switches. Majority of the books available today in the market from Cisco Press and the third party publishers has mostly CatOS command set being discussed unlike Dr. Wayne Lewis Book.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies