Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IOS DHCP

I have two subnets, Can we configure more than one DHCP pool at the router, or configure more than one network range at the same DHCP pool?

I saw that no command will be assigned to the interface where we want to assign IP addresses to the clients, it seems that the interface belongs to the network address range will be used as the DHCP server, right?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES

Re: IOS DHCP

Hi Paltel,

I think you can configure different subnets under same DHCP pool.

Just need to specify different networks

ip dhcp pool TEST

network <>

network<>

Yes no commands will be assiged on the interface and interface will belong to the address range which will be used as the DHCP server.

Just incase if yoe need DHCP command reference

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fipras_r/1rfdhcp.htm#wp1038029

HTH

Ankur

Only 1 network command can be specified under each DHCP pool, but you can have multiple pools configured on a router - one for each network. If you enter another network under a pool it replaces whatever network command was there before.

Hi,

It will overwrite the last network in the DHCP pool.

Hi ebergquist,

Yes right.

But how the router will assign ip addresses to the clients, i mean round robin btw. the two DHCP pools? or what?

The router will assign the DHCP addresses based on the source address of the DHCP request.(which it will have if its gone through a helper process). If the source is 0.0.0.0 that means it has come from a connected network and the router assigns an address based on the network of the port on which the request was received.

Views
Helpful
Replies