cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS for 2980 G Catalyst and another details

gfiguereo
Level 1
Level 1

Which IOS can i load into a Catalyst 2980G ?

and Which are the trends of Cisco about the Catalyst 2980 ???....the End of Sale of this product is coming Soon or i can invest in this Product ?

Which are the memory specification (How many of DRAM and Flash )and if i can upgrade the DRAM memory or Flash???

i saw the product specification i can't see this details.

1 Reply 1

ahojmark
Level 1
Level 1

The Catalyst 2980G is actually a fixed-configuration Catalyst 4003 with Supervisor 1 in a small package. The latest software for 2980G (and C4K Sup1) is CatOS 8.1(2) from 05sep03.

Check out the release notes at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/relnotes/ol_4502.htm

End-of-sales hasn't been announced for the 2980G, so the only ones, if any, who can really comment on it's expected lifetime, is your account team.

But you can find more features at a lower price point from other switches (such as the 2950G and 3550), so unless you have specific requirement that mandates the use of a 2980G (CatOS CLI could be one), you should consider the alternatives.

System requirements can also be found in the release notes. 2980G supports 8.1(2) and you need neither a DRAM nor flash memory upgrade.

-A

Asbjoern Hoejmark | CTO | CCIE #8525
Wingmen Solutions A/S | Gyngemose Parkvej 50, 1. | DK-2860 Søborg | Denmark
M: +4525162108 | E: ah@wingmen.dk | W: www.wingmen.dk
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: