cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS recommendation 1720 WIC-1ENET

beekerc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 1720 router with two WIC-1ENET ethernet cards, one connects to a Cisco 678 DSL modem, one to a perimeter DMZ network and the built-in FastEthernet port to the private network. I did have a WIC-1ADSL card but found out it couldn't talk to my DSL provider's DSLAM so I had to keep the DSL modem.

my question is what is the latest, greatest and most stable release of IOS that supports two WIC-1ENET's and has the following features

IP, FW, IDS, Plus, IPSec 3DES

12.2(2) XJ supports two WIC-1ENET's but 12.2(4)T only supports one.

Thanks

Brian Chinn

MCSE, CNE, ASE

1 Reply 1

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

As far as I can tell, 12.2(2)XJ _is_ the latest and greatest for your configuration. The "Multiple Slot Locations for WIC-1ENET Single Port Ethernet WIC" is listed only in the release notes for 12.2(2)XJ, and isn't known to Software Advisor. It has not apparently been integrated into a T release. 12.2(2)XJ does have available the feature set you specified.

If you're in need of an upgrade for one reason or another, I would suggest you seek TAC guidance - perhaps the feature was integrated into a T release and documentation wasn't updated. Other than that, I would say you can expect to see most or all of the 12.2 development branches rolled up into 12.3T. 12.3 is supposed to be released later this month, if memory serves. I'm not sure if a technology branch will be released simultaneously.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: