Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

IOS Server Load Balancing Cat 6500 720 Sup

I've just migrated from a Sup 2a running IOS to a Sup 720 IOS, my server load balancing config hasnt changed but clients are reporting bits of pages missing or blank pages intermitently. I have moved from single chassis to Daul 720's using GLBP and HSRP for the load balanced networks. Is anyonje aware of any issues or different behaviour with IOS SLB and the 720 sups?

3 REPLIES

Re: IOS Server Load Balancing Cat 6500 720 Sup

Hello Tim

Missing bits of pages are a hint for a broken tcp-session. I think the kind of load-balancing is very important to locate this error. Please go into the config and look at the predictor in use for slb. For more information about load-balance-allgorithms go to http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/conntsw/ps491/products_tech_note09186a00801adbde.shtml

I'm using least conns configured as was on the SUP 2a. The only difference is that I'm running the same config on both boxes with HSRP to provide redundancy should one chassis fail. The SLB is balancing well just every now and again you get a missed page/bits missing. I'll try changing the algorithm to round robin and see what happens.

The config was fine, I upgraded the IOS. All problems with SLB and Jumbo frames vanished.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content