Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS that supports SSH

kradjesh13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am using L3 4506 switch with the IOS Version 12.2(18)EW3. I want to upgrade the IOS which supports SSH. Can any one suggest the latest IOS version that supports SSH for 4506 switch.

Thanks

Rajesh

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Since u hvnt mentioned whether ur up with Sup2,3 or 4 and also the exact feature set with 12.2(18)EW3 whether normal ip base or enterprise base.

Bettter would suggst to check out the current feature set which is there in the code and go for an upgradation.Also the version u quoted over here is marked as defered release i would suggest for a latest version something like 12.2(20) or 12.2(25) based on the sup u have installed in ur box..

For more info do refer this link..

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/lan/cat4000-sup-ios.html

regds

Thanks Prame...

The Supervisor Engine that we have is Supervisor IV.

For your better understanding i have attached the output below.

Switch#sh ver

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) Catalyst 4000 L3 Switch Software (cat4000-I9S-M), Version 12.2(18)EW3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Mon 07-Feb-05 19:21 by hqluong

Image text-base: 0x00000000, data-base: 0x010BFA78

ROM: 12.2(20r)EW1

Dagobah Revision 95, Swamp Revision 29

swsyd0501 uptime is 2 hours, 47 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload

System image file is "bootflash:"

cisco WS-C4506 (MPC8245) processor (revision 7) with 524288K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FOX094203G6

Last reset from Reload

8 Virtual Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

48 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

56 Gigabit Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

403K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

Configuration register is 0x2101

I think this will help to suggest me for a better IOS version which support SSH.

Thanks

Rajesh

hi

12.2.25-SG is the latest version avl for 4500 with Sup - IV.

its available with the following feature sets.

ENTERPRISE SERVICES SSH

ENTERPRISE SERVICES W/O CRYPTO

IP BASE SSH

IP BASE W/O CRYPTO

either ip base ssh or entprise services ssh will help u out in getting SSH configured..

regds

Thanks Prem, thank you very much...

I havn't upgraded the IOS for 4500 switches...can i use the same command copy tftp: flash: or i have to use some other set of commands since its involves chassis, supervisory engines and other modules etc…. Plz help me out guys..

Thanks

Rajesh

Hi

you can use copy tftp: flash: command itself to get the ios copied onto ur flash.

but make sure that u hve the copy of 12.2(18) backed up before goin on for the upgradation.

once u r thru with the copying process do remember to change the bootvariable and save the config.

u can change the same using boot system flash command.

do check out wther u have any existing boot command which will be prefered though u add a new one with the new ios code.

if thts the case remove the old command and add the new one after that add the other boot command also with the old ios code.

if u face any issues in proceeding with copying process with tftp then check out for FTP copying.

once u are done with the new code and the altered boot variabl do a reboot during offpeak hour.

once thts done and fully booted up use show version and check out whether the box is running with the new ios version or not..

regds

Hi

you can use copy tftp: flash: command itself to get the ios copied onto ur flash.

but make sure that u hve the copy of 12.2(18) backed up before goin on for the upgradation.

once u r thru with the copying process do remember to change the bootvariable and save the config.

u can change the same using boot system flash command.

do check out wther u have any existing boot command which will be prefered though u add a new one with the new ios code.

if thts the case remove the old command and add the new one after that add the other boot command also with the old ios code.

if u face any issues in proceeding with copying process with tftp then check out for FTP copying.

once u are done with the new code and the altered boot variabl do a reboot during offpeak hour.

once thts done and fully booted up use show version and check out whether the box is running with the new ios version or not..

do refer this link for more info

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_release_note09186a00801f5b1e.html#wp617099

regds