Replies

IOS upgrade failures

vancampdax
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upgrade a stack of switches running IOS: 12.1(19)EA1d

to IOS: 12.2(25)SEB4

but I keep getting erros:

Cisco-3750-Colt#$nload-sw /leave-old-sw tftp://10.33.5.11/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

Loading c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin from 10.33.5.11 (via Vlan1): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[OK - 5508786 bytes]

Loading c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin from 10.33.5.11 (via Vlan1): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[OK - 5508786 bytes]

examining image...

%Tar checksum error in tftp://10.33.5.11/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEB4.bin

%Error opening flash:update/info (No such file or directory)

ERROR: Image is not a valid IOS image archive.

Cisco-3750-Colt#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

use the command

archive up flash:

I don't remember if I had to specify the directory.

It worked in 12.2.20

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

zerozerotito
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

it seems that its a checksum error. There was probably something wrong on downloading... I think you should download image again...

Regards...

o.hassairi
Level 1
Level 1

did u check the MD5 of the image you downloaded ?

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

This command uses .tar file.not .bin file.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

Pls rate all posts.

Regards

JD

I did a test on some other switches and if I use the tar file the image is loaded without a problem, but...

I need to confirm an upgrade from 12.1(19)EA1d

The tests were conducted from 12.2(25)SEB4 to 12.2(25)SEE1.

Can someone give me an url or mail me the deferred 12.1(19)EA1d TAR file plz ( base w/o crypto )

Hi

I am sorry that I do not have 3750 IOS.

You need to contact Cisco and register with them to get a login to download a valid IOS image(.tar).They will help with the matter.

Pls rate all posts.

Regards

JD

I tried to download the file but since the image is deferred it's not accesible anymore from CISCO :-(

Hi

There is a way to create a backup of flash contents to a .tar file.I cannot recall now, I will search and let you know.

Regards

JD

That would be very nice and helpfull to simulate the upgrade I've planned.

use the command

archive up flash:

I don't remember if I had to specify the directory.

It worked in 12.2.20

It looks like the file is corrupted or not matched w/ your hardware. If you have successful to upgrade the IOS in other switch w/ same model, you can download it from those switch and upload to this switch and test again.

Moreover, if the IOS is deferred, better to an update one, there should be some major fault that the IOS is deferred, so better avoid to use it.

Hope this helps.

It worked.

I was able to download the files ( tar format ) and the I simulated an upgrade in our LAB with success.

Thanks for all the help !