Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Version need purchase?

ahpark78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have shown version as below where believe that the IPSEC is not supported.

Question is, do i need to purchase the IOS Version OR If i have CISCO Reseller Account,can I upgrade the IOS if I manage find the IOS bin image file?

a)

IOS (tm) 3700 Software (C3725-IS-M), Version 12.3(6c), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

b)

System image file is "flash:c3725-is-mz.123-6c.bin"

thks in adv..

ken G.

6 Replies 6

m.benhassine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

The image filename seems not to be supported by the software advisor. You could select your IOS using feature needed, hardware platform,... You could first choose your IOS image through the Software advisor: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

then contact your reseller to get the full image (.tar not .bin). If you have a reseller account, you need your contract number to be able download full IOS images.

Please rate if it helps

M. BEN HASSINE

Ben,

I got the error message below,guess my registered cisco account not enough privilege..:(

But would like to clarify here. If I got a vendor who has contract number, meaning I will be able to download the IOS images that support the IPSEC right?

Will rate your post when I am confirmed with the answer.. :D

-------------------------------------------------

Error #403: Forbidden

URL: http://www.cisco.com/msgs/403.html

The file or application you are trying to access may require additional entitlement or you are trying to access a file with an invalid name. Additional entitlement levels are granted based on a users relationship with Cisco on a per-application basis.

If you feel you have reached this page in error, please try one of the following methods to locate your document:

If you are manually entering the URL into your browser location bar, be sure to include the file name of the page you are trying to access (file names typically end in .htm, .html or .shtml).

Use the Search feature located in the upper right section of this page.

Return to the Cisco.com Home or select a primary site area from the top navigation bar.

Consult with your Cisco Account Manager to confirm you have the appropriate entitlement to access this page.

If you would like to contact someone about this problem, please click on the Contacts & Feedback link above.

--------------------------------

Your orginal IOS does have the possibilty to do .. (IPsec in this case). If you did not buy the device with the required feature set it is delivered with a standard imageA which does not have all the features. This means you are needing a feature set upgrade which will always cost you money. Service contracts only offer the possibility to upgrade within the same feature set.

If your reseller is acting correctly he will therefore refuse to deliver the desired image unless you order an upgrade.

Regards,

Leo

Thanks Leo.

In this case, can I say that no matter how, i would need to pay as the my org IOS is without the features set?

How much do that cost for the upgrade. If you able to let me know,that would be great!

You will need the following:

Platform: 3725

Software Feature Sets: IP PLUS IPSEC 3DES

Release: 12.3.18 ( GD - General Deployment )

File name c3725-ik9s-mz.123-18.bin

Min. Memory 128 (MB)

Min. Flash 32 (MB)

Date Released 16-MAR-2006

However, I cannot give you a price for that, this is a task for your reseller. It is always a good idea to ask a few of them before buying.

Regards,

Leo

PS:Be sure you have the right security settings configured on your navigator. It is a active content: http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

You could get the IOS image from your reseller... I mean the full IOS image, not the .bin. For the .bin, you could download it with a Cisco registred user using the software advisor I posted you... The link should work.. be sure you have a valid Cisco user login and password. You could search for the same link by the keywords "software + advisor".

PS: Earlier I've got the error 500 saying internal server error... but it worked few minutes after... may the cisco server encounters some troubles...Keep try using a valid user/pass.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: