Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP address conflicts using Direcway and Internet Connection Sharing

I have been able to connect my host computer to another computer using ICS and a crossover CAT 5E cable; however, I need to change the configuration to allow the use of a wireless modem to access another computer. When I connect my host computer (which is running XP and is connected to the Internet using a Direcway satellite) to my D-Link Wireless Router, I get an IP address conflict message. This occurs when I use either a crossover or a straight CAT5 cable. It appears that ICS and my router use IP address 192.168.0.1. My other computers are running Windows ME. Can anyone tell me how to use a wireless router and my Direcway satellite system?

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: IP address conflicts using Direcway and Internet Connection

You should either be using ICS or a router, not both.

Connectivity:

1. Direcway Internet connection----router WAN port

2. PC (XP and Me)----router LAN ports 1,2,3 etc.

Disable your XP's ICS. 192.168.0.X is your internal IP address range. You can check your external/Internet IP address at http://netdept.com/ipandhost.jsp This external IP should not be assigned to any PC.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies