Our current network is flat, eveyone is in vlan1. I want to implement VLAN assignements on the 3500xl switches. Can you answer the following questions:
1. Setting up the management VLAN300, the main office is using non-public addresses. They did not subnet the addresses , they're using a 255.255.255.0 mask. They want me to use vlan300 which is understandable but gave me a range of 10.100.2.130 through 10.100.2.200 with a 255.255.255.0...SInce we are in different georgraphical locations...Won't routing be confused? Shouldn'r subneting been applied per location?
2. Can anyone explain this configuration.
ip address 10.100.2.5 255.255.255.0
ip nat outside
ip nat inside source list 199 interface vlan300 overload
access-list 199 dynamic CLuster-NAT permit ip any any
1. You are correct. By them giving you a mask of 255.255.255.0 they have to use the range 10.100.2.1 thru 10.100.2.255 on this Lan only. The range .130 thru .200 doesn't even fall on any bit boundaries for subnetting, the closest is .128 thru .191 with a mask of 255.255.255.192
2. They are 'attempting' to do NAT (Network Address Translation). However, for this to work they need to have another interface that has the command "ip nat inside". Basically, the interface with the 'inside' whenever it talks out (ACL 199 permits ANYbody) the 'outside' interface it would appear to use the 10.100.2.5 (overload) address as its source address.
If this was working properly you can issue a "show ip nat translation" and see which IPs are talking to the "outside".
Great, they gave me a new range 190 thru 255....subnetting this would make for a better design. At HQ, on the RSM they have an interface configured with the VLAN300...ip address x.x.x.28 255.255.255.0......
This will create routing problems if at the new network I config
VLAN mgt config is:
ip address x.x.x.193 255.255.255.0 ......I MUST SUBNET, I am correct?
This is actually a pretty cool feature, i didn't even know it existed until I was looking for a solution to advertise a subnet (prefix in BGP talk), only if a certain condition existed. This is exactly what conditional advertisements does
j ai une question j ai achete un routeur cisco 887VA-k9 , je le configuré avec la configuration ci- dessous
si je le lier avec mon pc portable sur l un de ses ports directement ça marche toute est bien ( la connexion internet + m...
Attached policy provides CLI access to the Cisco 4G router over text messaging. Two files are in the attached .tar file:
2. PDF with instructions on how to load and use the .tcl file.