Views
Helpful
Replies

IP address not displayed in User tracking table

abdulmajeed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am not getting the IP address of the systems in the User tracking table of ciscoworks2000(Campus Manager 3.2). But the MAC addresses of the systems are all displayed. Is there any configuration to be done on ciscoworks2000 to get the IP address.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 6006 switch with MSFC for layer 3 routing in our private network. I am able to see only the switch in the Topology services not the MSFC. But in HP Openview I am able to see both the switch and the MSFC. When I check Path Analysis, the traffic while crossing the Layer 3 device mark the device as 'unknown cisco products' with a question mark over it. when I check for its sysObjectID using "snmp get" the id is given as "catalyst6kmsfc2" inside ciscoproducts. So, It is assumed that the device is supported by the campus manager. In the mean time, I am able to get the IP address of some devices in User Tracking table and a common thing between the devices (displayed with IP address) in user tracking is that they are SNMP managable. Is it needed that all the devices should be SNMP managable to get the IP address in User Tracking Table.

The devices supported by Campus Manager3.2 includes the cisco 6006 switch. Revert me if any further clarifications is needed.

Thanks in advance.