Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ip addresses

Is it possible to use 2 ip's from the same subnet on 2 of my router interfaces ? People are saying when they set up there windows isa server they put a public ip on the external NIC of it, I cant see how they can do this as the internal/external interfaces on the router have to be different, would they just be doing a static NAT on the router for this ?

thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: ip addresses

Hi Carl,

not sure what your problem is with the server but basically, the router will not let you configure 2 interfaces with IP addresses on the same subnet. you will get a error message.

hi Carl,

First clear ur problem and what u want to do with ur network and specify the interfaces and how u get ISP line or internet line in ur network, it will help me out

Chirag Pandya

I have a 1700 with an adsl port, the address gets assigned by my provider, I also have another public ip to play around with, I thought that I would use an ip on my external NIC on the isa and nat this to my public address on the router ? but people are saying when they configure ISA they put the public ip straight on the ISA external network card, when to me they cant do this as the public ip is only on the adsl port on the router and so the lan side will not see the ISA server beacause it has to have a different ip than the serial , is this right ?

Views
Helpful
Replies