Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ip addressing

Is it possible for me to put my router on 2 10.x.x.x addresses ? i.e one 10 address on each interface ?

7 REPLIES

Re: ip addressing

Hi

Are you trying to configure different subnet of 10.x.x.x address space or trying to configure from the same subnet space ??

if you try to configure from the same ip subnet space u will get address overlaps with the previosuly configured interface.

but if that belongs to new subnet space then it will allow you to configure up the same..

regds

I am trying to configure say ethernet 1 on 10.1.1.1 255.0.0.0 and ethernet 2 on 10.45.74.1 255.0.0.0 on ethernet 2, will this work ? or can I get around it if not ?

Hi!

You will not be able to do it.

Can u tell the purpose?As any PC with ip 10.1.1.2 subnet 255.0.0.0 will always ping 10.45.74.1 and 10.1.1.1.

Regards

JD

How can I get around this then, I need to keep my networks on these addresses, how about if I out the 10.45.74.0 network on 255.255.255.0, would this work ?

Yes, Carl you can use it. This will put both these ip ranges into dffrenet subnet.This will work for you.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi

If you make the networks on different subnet space i.e., 255.255.255.0 then you would be able to configure them up...

regds

Hi!

If you are having the network below 252 computers then use both the IPs with 255.255.255.0 subnets.This is the only available solution.

Regards

JD

Views
Helpful
Replies