cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

IP cef

hi

I have a remote with two satellite link back to corparate. I am using ip cef with per packet. I am pinging two workstations at the remote from corporate and if i shutdown one link. One of the workstations continues to go however the other takes about 10 to 15 secs to come back on the network(this is random it could be the opposite also)

Since i am using per packet i was expecting to miss every other ping as packets are forwarded on a round robin basis till the router stablizes and sends traffic on only one link. I am using cef per packet on both ends here is the config

interface Serial0/0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

frame-relay traffic-shaping

hold-queue 1024 in

hold-queue 1024 out

!

interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point

description to

bandwidth 64

ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.252

ip load-sharing per-packet

frame-relay class 64K_WAN

frame-relay interface-dlci 222

frame-relay ip rtp header-compression

I have pretty much the same on the other end except for ip address

thanks

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: IP cef

Well, it might be that the two workstations are sending out their ping packets in such a way that they interleave, so that the every other packet dropped is actually always the same host. I think I would try sending with different times between each one, so they don't syncrhonize, and see what happens.

:-)

Russ.W

Tried it does the exact same thing

thanks

Gold

Well, that does seem odd. It almost sounds like per packet isn't working for some reason, but that doesn't make any sense. Is the serial link you have configured for per packet the outbound or the inbound link? I'm fairly certain cef per packet needs to be configured on the outbound link....

Another thing to check is to make certain cef is enabled on all of your interfaces.

Russ.W

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content